So Sew Easy Schlep Bag – Twist Bag or ???

I’ve finally finished working on new instructions for what used to be called the Schlep Bag. It’s now the new and improved So Sew Easy Schlep Bag. At least that’s the name right now. I’m still open to suggestions. I’ve uploaded instructions you can use for the basic bag. A little bit of fabric, a couple of hours and you’ve got yourself a new tote!

127 004

All the Twists instructions will be on separate pages and I’m still working on those but I wanted to start testing the basic bag before we moved on to changing sizes, using strips or adding batting, rag sewing, plugging in Midget Blocks, inside pockets or using Charm Squares and Layer Cake fabrics to make the bag. There’s a lot to look forward to. In the meantime, test the pattern and let me know if you find any errors. Twists?? hummmm, maybe I should call it Twist Bag?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This post was written by who has written 421 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

17 Responses to “So Sew Easy Schlep Bag – Twist Bag or ???”

1. Annie February 21, 2008 at 1:30 pm #

Help. I cannot seem to download your new So Sew Easy Schlep Bag pattern.

2. Joanne February 21, 2008 at 2:26 pm #

I can’t seem to find the directions either. Joanne

3. Wendy February 25, 2008 at 7:27 pm #

Help! I, too, cannot seem to download your new So Sew Easy Schlep Bag pattern. It looks like something I would actually use, and maybe one of my daughter-in-laws.
    I look forward to trying this pattern.

4. Nicole MacKenzie April 7, 2008 at 5:19 pm #

I am very interested in the twist bag but I cannot find
    the instructions anywhere.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Nicole

5. MommaJo May 14, 2008 at 6:12 am #

Add me to the list of “Can’t find pattern” people. How do we get it?
    Thanks!

6. MommaJo May 14, 2008 at 6:20 am #

Cancel that. I found it!!!

I went to Free Stuff from the top of the page, then clicked on towards the bottom of the next page. This brought up the page with the pictures of bags. Look in the center of the page for the words that are printed in rainbow colors, click on it & it will bring up the pattern. Yea!!!

7. Emmy May 27, 2008 at 9:48 pm #

Here is the page: http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-stuff/twister-bag/

8. Marg July 1, 2008 at 4:23 am #

Thank you for the pattern for the So Sew Easy Schlep bag. It will be so fun to make a few of these using some of my fat quarters.

You mentioned that you have some twists on this bag, but I can’t seem to find them.

Where do I look?

9. Roberta September 22, 2008 at 10:06 am #

Still trying to find the “twists” for the So Easy Schlep bag. What am I doing wrong? Please tell me hoe to get them!!!

10. Carole Pavlicek November 5, 2008 at 8:24 pm #

I would absolutely love to have the pattern for the schlep bag. I saw one at the International Quilt Show in Houston, Texas, but no pattern was available. Would appreciate receiving your pattern.
    Thank you so much.

11. Nancy April 23, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

I can’t find the pattern, it looks neat and would like to make one if possible

12. ruth henshaw May 4, 2009 at 2:03 pm #

cant” find pattern for schlep bag found it once then it was gone haw can I get it ? I love the bag
    ruth

13. Shirley August 27, 2009 at 5:05 pm #

Have your published the “twists” for the schelp bag? How do I find them?

14. LaVonne April 17, 2010 at 4:35 pm #

I would like to make this bag with a charm pack . Do you have those instructions?

15. Tiffany June 7, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

Thank you,Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I was looking for a pattern for a bag like this. Such a simple pattern but one company wanted $$$.

16. Janice December 1, 2012 at 12:35 am #

I have the instructions for the “So Sew East Schlep Bag” – thank you. I am very interested in the twist bag, but I cannot find the instructions anywhere.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

17. Dawn Payne July 27, 2013 at 11:18 am #

I too was trying to get the other types of Schlep bag patterns. I was able to find 1 that said Fabric Twist bag pattern. It says it has 11 pages, but each only has a picture, some ads & a short part of the directions. I’m not very good on the computer. I don’t remember if this page goes with it, but, a purse bottom from Drawstring Purse Pattern http://sewing.about.com from 2004 About, Inc. was also with my Twist Bag directions. I hope this works for all of you!