Just Takes 2™ Quilt – April 15 Quilt Blocks

It's April 15 and that means it's time for Just Takes™ blocks at Dear Jane.
There are four blocks this time. Cathedral Window is a great, interesting block to make.

We set it on point and I filled my triangles with more of the vintage embroidery designs from the my Dad's kit quilt company. Many of these were used as corners on tablecloths and dresser scarves. We've given you several choices if you want to add embroidery to your block. The Optional Redwork Embroidery Pattern can be purchased as a digital download HERE. There are 9 designs to choose from and they're sized perfectly for triangles in this block.

Block 29

Block 30

Blocks 31

Blocks 32

Just Takes 2™ Blocks for April 15 - Click here to visit Dear Jane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 480 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

7 Responses to “Just Takes 2™ Quilt – April 15 Quilt Blocks”

1. Penny P April 15, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

I just said to my husband, I think I’m beginning to hate these talented ladies who design the red and white quilt! LOL, just kidding. When I think I’m finally done the applique for this past unit, i’ve decided to add some redwork to a third block in this quarter.. When I think this next unit will be fairly quick and easy, I take a look at the wonderful redwork, and of course I’m going to have to add that to my Cathedral Window block! Thank you for providing the redwork patterns, really!

2. wanetha April 15, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

I noticed there is a discrepancy between pictures and patterns with the colors in the corners with blocks 31 and 32. Is it going to matter?
    These Red and White have been fun and challenging to keep up.

3. Gay April 15, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

I don’t think the difference will matter.

4. Gay April 15, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

I’m glad you’re enjoying the quilt. We love hearing everyone’s story and seeing the blocks come to life.

5. Janet April 16, 2012 at 7:44 am #

I’m so relieved there are no hand-pieced blocks this unit so I can hopefully get caught up! And I read the tip on the dear jane site yesterday about using the toothpick to help turn under edges- works like a charm- I was really struggling with that! Thanks for sharing all your creativity, and pushing us along! This project has really stretched my limits, in a fun way!

6. Sophie April 18, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

I love-love-love the embroidery you designed for this one.

7. mary July 6, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

I did not get all of the pattern for blocks 29,30,31 & 32 is there anyway I can still get them?