Those of you who have been patiently waiting for this block of the month to start will be happy to know Block 1, fabric requirements and special notes about the quilt were posted last night. Yippee!! I've wanted to share this sweet quilt with you for a long time and hope you'll enjoy it.
The blocks will be posted on the 15th of each month. Don't worry, if you can't get here every month to download your pattern. This quilt will be part of the permanent collection of free patterns so you can get the blocks whenever it's convenient for you. I won't be doing a post each month when a new block is released but I will let you know on the Sentimental Stitches Facebook page so if you haven't liked that page yet, hop over there and do that so the block release notices will pop up in your Facebook feed on the 15th of the month.
Here are a few more of the Quilt Notes included with the first block -
- There are 20 appliqued blocks in the quilt. Each one is a different flower with embroidery details.
- There are 12 embroidered blocks in the quilt. They are all the same flower but the design varies a little from block to block.
- The embroidery on the appliqued blocks is worked using one strand of floss rather than the usual two strands.
- The applique blocks are outlined quilted around each flower. The border is quilted around the applique vine. There’s a meandering feather design toward the outside edge with a feather/flower design in the corners. The remainder of the quilt is filled with 1” crosshatch quilting.
- Finished size of the blocks is 7 1/2”
- Finished size of the quilt is 73 1/2” x 83”
Have fun with these patterns. You can download the blocks each month from the Dream Garden page - HERE