AQS Quilt Week – Grand Rapids Michigan 2015

It's been a busy week around Grand Rapids. The American Quilter's Society show has been in town since Wednesday. I think they call it Quilt Week Grand Rapids. Since I have Violet with me on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I thought it would be the perfect time for her to visit her first quilt show.

IMG_3585Our little polka dot was very impressed with the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel so I know she has a taste for the finer things in life!

We had so much fun and no one was more shocked than I was when the first fabric she reached for was a blue batik! That would probably be near the bottom of my shopping list but I may have to rethink all that as time goes by.
We didn't buy that piece of blue batik but I did find some other treasures. Quilt show shopping is sooooo much fun!

IMG_3708I couldn't resist the pattern for the adorable runner.

IMG_3790Some beautiful Kaffe Fassett and Phillip Jacobs prints.

IMG_3791Some pretty repros! I wish I'd bought more of the red and blue prints.

IMG_3794A pattern or two or three............

IMG_3792You can never have too many polka dots!

IMG_3589We put the stroller in the package check in (thank you West Michigan Quilters Guild) and donned the Baby Bjorn to get up close and personal with all there was to see.
We took lots of pictures and I put them together in a slide show for you. I hope you have a few minutes to take a break and enjoy some of the quilts at the show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 483 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

10 Responses to “AQS Quilt Week – Grand Rapids Michigan 2015”

1. carolyn owens August 15, 2015 at 2:43 pm #

Thank you for all the pictures. I wasn’t able to go this year.

2. Bobbie August 15, 2015 at 3:08 pm #

Thank you so much Gay and beautiful little Violet for taking us along on such a wonderful quilt show. The quilts were a site to see, there were some of the most gorgeous quilts I have ever seen, thank you again for taking the time to take the pictures and post them. Bobbie

3. Mae August 15, 2015 at 3:45 pm #

Hi Gay, you have an adorable little girl and you can never start too early with introducing her to quilts and stashes of fabrics.
    So glad you both had a great time and done up some inspiration for things to come.
    Cheers, Mae from Down Under

4. Cindy August 15, 2015 at 4:07 pm #

It was nice seeing you at the show with your little granddaughter. Your pictures turned out lovely, thank you for sharing them.

5. Shari August 15, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

Thanks for the quilt show! So many talented artists displayed. Violet is a real cutie too.

6. Betty Frezon August 15, 2015 at 4:20 pm #

Violet is adorable. Great show to start out with.

7. Esther Aliu August 16, 2015 at 1:44 am #

Dear Gay,Thank you for thr beautiful show of photos!

8. Trish clement August 16, 2015 at 1:46 am #

Thank you for putting the stunning quilts and the winners too online. I live down under in Australia and can only come to the USA every two years or so to one show. Love being able to see what is happening in our quilting world, when I am so faraway. The best in show took my breath away. But they were all so stunning. Well done . Thank you again . Trish

9. Mary Ann August 16, 2015 at 4:16 am #

What an amazing display of talent at this show. Every quilt a beauty to behold. Thank you for sharing. Violet seemed to be enjoying it also, perhaps we are seeing a little girl who will enjoy your love of quilting.

10. Leslie Tidaback Hilmer August 16, 2015 at 5:57 am #

It was a great show! Thank you for including my quilt, Michigan Birds on a Wire, in your wonderful slide show! I bought Kaffe and Polka Dots, too!