1857 Album Quilt – Blocks 62 – 63 – 64

It's hard for me to believe we've come to the end of this journey. For those of you who have kept up with your blocks and have only these three to complete - Congratulations!!! I'm jealous!!! I can't wait to see all the different interpretations of this quilt as you get them done. I feel very honored you've joined me in making this special quilt.

I'm taking a break from applique patterns for the summer so I can catch up on my own blocks from the 1857 Album Quilt but hope you'll join me in making the Simple Summer Sampler. Today is the last day to sign up! This quilt was inspired by a antique quilt too! I think you'll enjoy it and can read more about it HERE.

Block 62

This sweet block is one of my favorites. I love the simplicity of it and it's signed by J A

Block 63

This block is missing almost all of the embroidery in addition to the fabric that was used for one of the tulips and a bud. This block is signed by Laura herself. Remember, she would have been only 16 or 17 years old when she made this.

Block 64

There's a little sprig of flowers and leaves across the bottom of the block.

Lovingly embroidered by hand above the year it reads:

Made by the friends of Laura A Ackerman in the year.......

And with that I close this project with the 19th set of block patterns. I planned to have this run for 20 months to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Sentimental Stitches but did enough months with 4 blocks that we finished a month early. I pray your quilt will bring you much joy and happiness and look forward to working on another project together.

The 1857 Album Quilt - Block Set 19

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 480 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

9 Responses to “1857 Album Quilt – Blocks 62 – 63 – 64”

1. Lin McQuiston July 1, 2017 at 5:05 am #

Oh Gay, I’m so happy to have these last three blocks so I can complete this beautiful quilt. At the same time, I’m quite sad this journey is over. I have met, through the FB group, so many wonderful, kind, talented Quilters. I can only hope that our paths will cross again on another fun quilting adventure. Thank you so very much for your generosity in sharing the patterns to this quilt and for your encouragement to all of us. This has been such a rewarding experience and I owe that all to you. I hope you will enjoy your summer and finish your quilt. I love mine. Can’t wait to find out what the next appliqué project you have in store for us. Fondly-Lin

2. Fiona July 1, 2017 at 5:05 am #

Gay, thank you so, so much for all that you have done to share your wonderful quilt with us. I have 22 blocks to catch up on – my summer project! Yes, I know…!

I have and am enjoying the journey and learning about Laura, her family and friends. I will be unable to join you on your new adventure with the secret sampler – although I am very tempted as my home county of Kent is famous for its cherries, but I have to finish a quilt this year and I have 4 of your wonderful quilts in various stages of progress which I need to concentrate on first.

with best wishes
    Fiona

3. Christa July 1, 2017 at 10:37 am #

Gay, I also want to thank you for all the hard work you put into this project.
    A friend and I have been keeping up with the blocks. We have very different interpretations from each other and from the original. This has been very fun.
    Now I have to decide how to quilt it…..
    Keep the challenges coming.
    Christa

4. Deb July 1, 2017 at 11:10 am #

Gay – thank you so much for sharing this wonderful set of patterns with us in a fun sew along. I didn’t make all the blocks but the 36 I did make will be a wonderful quilt. I am looking forward to seeing all the completed quilts come together. Now to finish off my midget blocks into a quilt … make the appliqué border for the midget appliqué blocks … and finish the 13 border blocks needed for the 1857 quilt. So much stitching and so little time =).

5. Cissa July 1, 2017 at 11:41 am #

Thank you for another wonderful sew along. I have not started this pattern; but I plan to do so in the future. I really enjoy to read about the quilt and your observations. Have a wonderful summer and Happy 4th.

6. Vera C. July 1, 2017 at 12:10 pm #

Thank you so much for sharing with all of us these lovely quilt patterns. I think I’m on 36 now and that’s okay. I will eventually finish and forever treasure this beautiful quilt. My husband is confined to a wheelchair and I spend a great deal of time tending to his very real needs which has put nearly all of my quilting on the back burner. This project has truly been a lifesaver (I should say” sanity-saver”) for myself. I can pick it up easily or stop it at moments notice if needs be and it has allowed me to continue doing the one of the things I love most!
    God bless you for all your hard work getting the patterns to us, I sincerely thank you.

7. Shasta July 1, 2017 at 5:47 pm #

Thank you so much for your generosity in drafting and sharing these blocks with us. I really appreciate it. I haven’t been able to make very many of the blocks because of my schedule but do hope to get to the rest soon. I enjoyed making the ones I have made.

8. LoriD July 2, 2017 at 12:22 pm #

I haven’t stayed caught up at all! But hoping to complete the quilt one of these days. Great quilts cannot be rushed, I like to say.
    Thank you for the terrific and accurate patterns!

9. Pam July 5, 2017 at 1:57 am #

Thank you Gay for sharing your re-creation of the fabulous, historical 1857 Quilt.