Dear Daughter Block of the Month – Blocks 13-16

I have been so excited to bring you this month's blocks. We're taking a little departure from the sweet donuts we've been working on with a few new designs.

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to see all the blocks in the Facebook group. You're doing amazing work. I love how each person is putting their own spin on this quilt and making it their own. Great job everyone!

Block 13

This adorable block is signed

Martha L Perry

Fulton Rock Co

Wisconsin

Sweet little flower buds

and perfect circles!

Block 14

This block is signed -

Your sister

Sarah L Randolph

Fulton Rock Co

Wisconsin

1850

I must admit, it boggles my mind to think how long ago the year 1850 was and the talent these quilt makers had.

Block 15

This blocks is signed -

Jeremiah Dunham

Piscataway NJ

May 25 1852

Classic applique with stem and leaves all cut from one piece of fabric. Sadly, it's pretty shade of green has faded away. If you've been using broderie perse in your quilt, it could be used for the flowers.

Block 16

This block is signed -

Dear Sister -

When this you see remember me

though many miles as far apart.

When this you see remember me and

bind it to your heart.

R. (unable to read) Ill.

and Ann Elizabeth Ellis Ill.

I headed to the cottage before I finished this post and didn't bring the quilt with me. I'll edit this post to let you know the date at the top arc of this donut when I can look at the quilt again.

There is broderie perse in the four corners of the block.

Here's another angle of the name I can't decipher. I haven't seen a similar name anywhere else on the quilt. I thought about making a list of possibilities and searching Ancestry.com to see if I can come up with anything. If you have any suggestions please leave a comment.

Time to head over and get your blocks. Everything has been working smoothly with the web site but if everyone is trying to get their blocks at the same time you may experience some difficulty. Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that you'll all breeze right through the process. Click on the link below to get to the 5dollarbom.com and look for the listing for this months blocks. You can purchase the blocks for $0.00 (FREE) until July 1, 2018

Dear Daughter Blocks 13-16

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 487 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

13 Responses to “Dear Daughter Block of the Month – Blocks 13-16”

1. Lin McQuiston June 1, 2018 at 6:08 am #

Good morning, Gay. I hate to tell you this. The link took me to Blocks 9-12, not 13-16. Sorry.

2. Sandy June 1, 2018 at 6:51 am #

It did for me too, but if you scroll down on the page, you can click on the blocks for 13-16 and it works fine from there.

3. MaryEllen Smith June 1, 2018 at 8:41 am #

After clicking on that link she gives at the bottom of her blogsite, look at top of page to “Shop” and click on it. Then scroll down to bottom of page and click on “Dear Daughter Blocks 13-16”. I found it easily by doing this, and was able to successfully upload my blocks from there.

4. Nancy June 1, 2018 at 10:28 am #

Thank you for giving us these blocks. You are very kind. The quilt is delightful (though I haven’t started my own yet).

5. Sue H June 2, 2018 at 5:28 am #

Thank you, Gay, for these patterns. Looking forward to starting it myself!

6. LoriD June 2, 2018 at 11:33 am #

Thank you Gay for another awesome set of blocks!

7. Louise June 2, 2018 at 7:04 pm #

Thank you once again for choosing a wonderful new project for us..

8. Rina Spina June 4, 2018 at 9:50 am #

Thank you Gay for this free patterns.
    I haven’t started yet, i’m waiting for some fabrics coming from the States, this will be my next project for Fall.

9. Connie Lukacs June 6, 2018 at 9:22 am #

Gay, I am having same old problem downloading pattern. Now it will not accept the new password which you created for me last month. I am frustrated old lady!!!

10. B from Canada June 14, 2018 at 10:48 pm #

I’m having problems with trying to log into the shopping page, It won’t let me log in, and it doesn’t recognize my email address so I can request a new password.

I even tried to create a new account, which seemed to work, but then I got told that I couldn’t order a second set of blocks!

I’ll try again tomorrow. 🙁

B from Canada

11. B from Canada June 15, 2018 at 12:34 pm #

Well, a new day seems to bring better luck for me. Yesterday was just baffling, but today everything went smooth as silk. Weirdness…so common when dealing with computers and the internet. 🙂

Thanks, Gay, for your help and another set of wonderful blocks.

B from Canada

12. Wanetha Ebker August 8, 2018 at 12:45 pm #

This is a marvelous antique quilt with great history.
    BUT every month when I try to download the blocks I have major difficulties.
    It asks for info and I give it…. then it tells me I already have an account and to log in, so I do then it asks for the same info again. Each time I try to place the order it loops around asking for the same info over and over again… it is frustrating… any suggestions….. sorry but I’ve given up on getting the blocks this month…..

13. Wanetha Ebker August 8, 2018 at 12:48 pm #

…..and I gave up on last months blocks also……