Dear Daughter Block of the Month – Blocks 25 – 28

Hello everyone! We had a cool morning today so I know September is arriving tomorrow and the color change of the leaves isn't far off. It's also a holiday weekend so there is family coming and going over the next couple of days. We're all trying to squeeze the last little bit from summer than we can.

With fall approaching, it's time to think about the November Shipshewana Quilt Retreat. This year you have the opportunity to take classes from a world renowned teacher - Margaret Sampson George. I can't wait to take one of her classes. I have a feeling I'll look at my quilting in a totally different way after taking the class. The Friday class is sold out but there is still room in the Thursday and Saturday classes. Margaret will also be presenting a lecture on Friday evening. Use the links in this paragraph to read more about the retreat and classes.

I have to begin thinking about next year's quilt. Do we want to do another applique quilt or would you like a break from the hand stitching and work on a patchwork quilt? How about a year of 1930s quilts based on my family history in quilting? I am happy to do either and admit I'll be forced to do the family history stuff soon. I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to start forgetting what needs to be documents. Maybe if I start early we could do more than one thing.  Please leave me a comment  here or email me to let me know what you'd prefer.

I have 4 more Dear Daughter blocks for you today. As I was taking the photographs I couldn't help but notice that some of the prettiest blocks are in the last half of this quilt. I think you're going to really enjoy each one as we finish this project.

Block 25

Ann F Randolph

St Market St Tr (? I'm not sure about this. Any ideas?)

Peased in Wisconsin

Fulton Co 1850

This is similar to one of the earlier blocks but the flower faces to the right. I really like the way this one was done and the way it was quilted.

Block 26

Your Brother

Barzillai F Randolph

Fulton Rock Co

Wisconsin

1850

I'm smitten with this block. I'd love to make an entire quilt of this one setting them together right next to each other. I think we can be pretty sure what looks like tan fabric was originally green.

Block 27

Elizabeth Dunham

Piscataway NJ

1852

Block 28

Martin H Barned

Ill

1850

Here's another donut with some great broderie perse. It seems we have three blocks this time where the green fabric has faded to tan.

I guess that's all I can think of for this month. Click on the link below to get to the 5dollarbom.com and look for the listing for this months blocks. You can purchase the blocks for $0.00 (FREE) until October 1, 2018

Dear Daughter Blocks 25 - 28

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 488 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

11 Responses to “Dear Daughter Block of the Month – Blocks 25 – 28”

1. Margaret Hynes August 31, 2018 at 5:42 pm #

A patchwork quilt please! Probably won’t have Dear Daughter done by then but I will be working on it. Patchwork would be a change. Thanks

2. Chris in Canada August 31, 2018 at 8:53 pm #

Personally I am just about appliqued out with all the quilts I have on the go.
    A simpler pieced one might be nice. Actually, I would love to do a medallion
    quilt with a dozen borders once I finish all my sampler BOMs.

3. Dot September 1, 2018 at 6:12 am #

Patchwork, 1930s, family history sounds good to me!

4. Peggy Norris September 1, 2018 at 7:09 am #

I think that the second line for the Ann F. Randolph block is “N. Market N.J.” New Market is a section of Piscataway. She was probably visiting one of her Wisconsin relatives when she “peased” this block. Looks like some fun blocks for September! Thank you.

5. Barbara Schaffer September 1, 2018 at 8:11 am #

From another New Jerseyan, I agree with Peggy that the second line in Block 25 is “N. Market N.J.” I’m really enjoying these little applique blocks! Thank you so much!

6. Linda P September 1, 2018 at 10:47 am #

I love your applique quilts.. it seems like there are so many BOM out there to be pieced, but few applique quilt a longs. Having said that, I’m really open to anything you choose. A 1930 quilt could be a lot of fun.. What about an EPP Quilt?
    Thank you always for the quilts you share.. I’m still working on 1857, and when that is finished I need to wind up Benjamin Biggs.. probably will be a smaller quilt than original. Haven’t started Dear Daughter but I’m printing each of the blocks.
    This is a great weekend to enjoy family!

7. Lina September 6, 2018 at 8:10 am #

1930’s patchwork sounds good to me! Thank you so much! Really enjoying Dear Daughter BOM!!! 🙂

8. Susan September 6, 2018 at 12:01 pm #

1930s, please, since most quilt-a-longs I’m aware of are modern or 1800s in style. Thanks for sharing!!

9. Roxanne September 13, 2018 at 6:40 am #

I would like patchwork too and 1930s sounds fun and I have the fabric!

10. Pat Martin September 17, 2018 at 6:22 pm #

Applique please. I am on Block 23 of Benjamin Biggs and keeping up with Dear Daughter. Your Quilts keep me appliqueing. I love the challenge and appreciate your hard work getting them to us. There are very few true applique free projects and I love your choices.

11. Jeanne October 3, 2018 at 7:13 am #

I have TONS of 30s fabric, and I’d love a pieced sew along!