Do Over Midget – More Free Patterns – I Need Your Opinions

MIDGET BLOCK 21 NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE YOUR SQUARES ARE CUT 2 3/4". THERE WAS AN ERROR IN THE FIRST VERSION OF THE PATTERN.

Here's my second try at the Circular Saw Midget block. I like this one better! I didn't redo the entire block. I just took the Nine Patch seams apart, appliqued a new center piece and put it back together. Now I'm a happy quilter.

Circular Saw Do Over

Have you checked out the Free Patterns Online section lately? I forgot to tell everyone I reorganized that long list of titles and added a bunch of new links. There's still a long list but it's divided into categories so you can find the type of project you're looking for a little easier. The newest additions are at the beginning of each group.

lap_quilts

crib_quilts

I'm off to finish the binding on a lap quilt and snuggle with Clutch on the couch and dream about the year ahead.

Mary Sherwood Wright Jones
With the beginning of that new year I've been trying to decide what I'd like to present for you over the next year. I've considered a quick and easy project of the week. We're not doing much with the Civil War era of quilt making and I have a fantastic pieced and appliqued sampler quilt made by Sally Ride in 1863. The applique is very easy and each block is different so I've considered including that on Monday when the Midget Blocks are posted.
Do you want more industry reports - designer interviews - ????? I would really appreciate your feedback on this. We have almost 1500 quilters on the newsletter list so that leaves just a mere 26,998,500 we need to reach. Here's your chance to sound off - whatcha want?

This post was written by who has written 525 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

14 Responses to “Do Over Midget – More Free Patterns – I Need Your Opinions”

1. Sheila February 5, 2007 at 11:34 am #

Gayle, Thanks for all the wonderful work you are already doing! How in the world do you keep up with yourself!

2. Bernice February 7, 2007 at 10:12 am #

I would enjoy doing an appliqued sampler quilt along with the midget blocks and state fair sampler. I can hardly wait for the first one. bernice

3. Muriel March 9, 2007 at 12:22 pm #

I would enjoy doing the applique sampler. Looking forward to seeing Sally Rides 1863 quilt. You have a wonderful site.

4. Dana March 15, 2007 at 5:43 am #

Your patterns are fantastic! I’d love to see the aplique sampler also!

5. Margie May 1, 2007 at 3:50 pm #

I have been doing the Midget Blocks and the State Fair sampler….still waiting to see if we will get the Civil War applique sampler by Sally Ride. Need a take with project.

6. Gail June 2, 2007 at 6:19 am #

I would love a Civil War quilt! It is one of my favorite periods in history and the sampler quilts are so much fun to make! Thanks for all the great patterns!!!
    Gail

7. Penny from Canada July 17, 2007 at 9:46 am #

hello Gayle,
    I just love the idea of the civil war applique quilt. I live in a rural[very rural]area. the drive to get groceries and essetials is 2 hours!! [4 hour return trip]I do hand work in the car going and coming. I would love a diversion from the grandmother’s flower garden quilt I have been working on for years now!! I really need a change and appliqued flowers seem heavenly to me….when do we start lol

8. Annj July 22, 2007 at 12:52 pm #

Hi Gayle, would love to do the Sally Ride 1863 quilt with applique. I am finishing the binding on my DJ and still have plenty of Civil War fabrics that are looking for a new quilt. The midget blocks are fun.

9. Jank. September 9, 2007 at 8:50 pm #

Gayle-would just love a civil war era quilt to work on. I live in Pa. and have gone to Gettysburg many times. Wish everyone could visit there. I counted cross stitched a sampler that I bought in the Eisenhower farm gift shop. I got that done. I would like to do a civil war patterned quilt. My husband’s grandfather was born in 1879 and passed away in 1977. He lived to be 98 and was a dear soul. Jan/Pa

10. LaRae October 8, 2007 at 12:49 pm #

Great site. Love the patterns. Cute. Love to do redwork. My favorite thing to do.

Thanks for the free patterns.

11. Gerda January 28, 2008 at 7:11 pm #

I’m Gerda from Canada. I, too, look forward to getting to make my version of Sally’s quilt – I love applique, and that one is gorgeous. Thanks for everything you do for us – take good care of yourself!

12. Jank. February 5, 2008 at 11:58 pm #

Hi Gayle-who needs a quilt magazine when we got you. grin. Love the quilt you are posting for us to do. The Sally Ride. I have visited many quilting sites and I must say you have one of the best. Many thanks to you and your patterns. Jan/Pa

13. Robin March 5, 2008 at 1:16 am #

I love the midget blocks. I am having trouble downloading block #21. keeps coming up as an error. Can someone help!?

Thanks!!1

14. Claudia March 31, 2008 at 5:09 am #

The civil war quilt please! Your midget quilt blocks are so wonderful! I look forward to each Monday to see what’s new. Love it!