The Grand Finale That Almost Wasn’t

I had a terrible time deciding on what to post for the last day of the March Motifs. I poured through the three ring binders of designs I've collected over the years and finallydecided on a days of the week pattern since we've been doing days of the month.
While scanning them this morning before work I discovered there were only six designs. That's not usually a problem because most days of the week sets don't have a block for Sunday. This set has a little girl singing in church - duh - that's a design for Sunday! Which one was missing and where is it? I think we're missing "Washing on Monday" but by this time it's getting late so I decided we'll just stitch on Mondays until I can find our little girl doing the laundry.
I hate it when things like that happen but after my trip to the cottage yesterday it almost makes sense. After all my shoveling on Saturday and more on Sunday, I started to pull into the driveway and came to a spinning halt.

00 003

It seems the Jeep weighs a little more than Clutch and I do when we're walking and I guess I didn't shovel down far enough. After an hour of dragging snow out from under the Jeep and finally backing out, I decided I was wet, cold and tired so we went back to the house. I think we'll drive over tonight and hope the rain today has washed a bunch of that snow away.

This month has been great fun sharing patterns with you. I hope you've enjoyed it too. I think we should do it again soon.

Motifs of March 31

March Block 31

This post was written by who has written 525 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

18 Responses to “The Grand Finale That Almost Wasn’t”

1. Jackie March 31, 2008 at 10:41 am #

Thanks, hope we do it again soon.

2. Sue March 31, 2008 at 10:41 am #

Just wanted to say thank you for the redwork designs you have given this month! It was fun to collect these daily designs. Now if I can just find enough hours to stitch them! Hope the rain melted some of the snow for you! We had rain last night and this a.m. It really greened everything and it now looks like spring out! Sue

3. Sharon F Burger March 31, 2008 at 11:09 am #

Thankyou for all the great patterns, especialy the surprise today with 4 instead of one.
    Looking forward to your Amish quilt blocks.

Sharon

4. Kristi Van Os March 31, 2008 at 11:28 am #

Gayle – Thank You for a great month of motifs. Now…when do we find out what to do with our colored Katinka embroidery designs?
    Hope your weather warms up!

5. Pauline March 31, 2008 at 1:02 pm #

Thank you for the daily motifs. I saved them all.

6. Jules March 31, 2008 at 1:51 pm #

Gayle – Thank you for all the terrific motifs you have given us this month. I have greatly appreciated them. Thank you for your generousity.

7. Charlotte March 31, 2008 at 4:47 pm #

Thank you for the March Motifs! It took me a few days to figure out the system for downloading, but once I did that, I was eagerly awaiting the next day!

8. Sandy K March 31, 2008 at 5:19 pm #

What cute design to end the great month of patterns.

Thanks for you generosity

9. Carol in Indiana March 31, 2008 at 5:53 pm #

A Big Thank You for all the designs. I would not be able to say which is my favorite since everyone is adorable.

Carol in Indiana

10. Mary April 1, 2008 at 7:00 am #

Many thanks for the wonderful designs, Your generousity of time and designs is truly appreciated. looking forward to your new designs.

11. Rjay April 1, 2008 at 11:13 am #

Thank you for great designs….also looking foward to Amish designs….

12. Shirley April 1, 2008 at 12:48 pm #

Hi Gayle,

I came here out of habit, but today I want to thank you for some wonderful redwork designs. I admit it was a challenge to remember every day to log on but then it became habit. It was a major commitment on your behalf to complete this. Once again thanks.

Shirley

13. Catholic Bibliophagist April 1, 2008 at 6:14 pm #

Thanks for posting your designs all this month. Alas! I missed March 31 — but all the rest will keep me busy for a long time. Thanks again.

14. Debra Anger April 2, 2008 at 2:23 am #

Thanks for the wonderful redwork motifs.. now to be creative with them.. I got everyone except for of course the grand final.. Mar 31..

15. Wanetha April 2, 2008 at 8:47 am #

Thanks you for all the patterns you have shared with us.

When can we expect the remaing Nancy Page vine quilt patterns. Also, I am anxious to see what the new Amish Quilt will be. I am looking forward to working on the Midget blocks and will be checking regularly for the “rest of the story”.

What a commitment on your part to provide us with all of this.

Don’t be envious, but we are starting to have some spring type weather here. On the downside, with spring comes the thunder storms and the flooding!

16. Annie April 2, 2008 at 4:59 pm #

Among the many, I also wanted to say “thanks” for all the fun this month. It was a little treat each day to find the new pattern. Many little projects have been cropping up in my mind, and you know how dangerous that is! Happy Spring!

17. Wanetha April 4, 2008 at 9:59 am #

Hoping all is well at your place! Any signs of spring yet? Miss reading your daily posts.

Thank you for #17 Nancy Page Vine and #3 on the Sally Post Quilt.

Do you also pass out “extra hours” in the day so that we can do all these wonderful quilts? (I can see you have given all your “extra hours” away) lol.

18. Penny from Canada April 4, 2008 at 1:00 pm #

hello Gayle,
    I am having such a good time with the march madness motifs!! I split up #20, enlarged each one and have just finished stitching them so I have from 21 to 31 to do to be finished!! any ideas on what to do with them? are they part of the quilt hanging behind you and Clutch on your home page?[ how is your little mite by the way?] and will you give us the dimensions on those blocks that have the saw tooth edges in that picture? I have so many project on the go I shouldn’t ask that question but I like to “finish” as I go so the UFO pile doesn’t get any bigger than it already is!!!I really like the “look” of that quilt in your picture and would love to combine it with these blocks??……you are such a treasure Gayle and a true work horse….thank you for march madness, it made the wait till spring a happier time…..one of my narsisus bloomed yesterday and I was feeling bad for you shoveling your way to the cabin…