Applique in May

Here we are on day 2 of "Applique in May". It's a rather Fall looking block today but it's easy to tell what Sally was trying to represent in her quilt. Looks like oak leaves and the birds flying south to me. Did you notice the placement lines on yesterday's block? They were a wonderful suggestion from one of you. I'll be including them from now on. I really appreciate all of your comments and emails even if I can't answer each one.
Clutch and I are heading back north today. It's sunny and beautiful in Grand Rapids so I'm looking forward to seeing the sunlight sparkle on the lake when we arrive.

This is the 5th block from the quilt. If you're just getting started, Blocks 1-3 are on the Sally Post Floral Sampler quilt page of the web site. If you scroll down, you'll find Block 4 within yesterday's note.

Block 5
Sally Post Floral Sampler Block 5
RETIRED

This post was written by who has written 526 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

10 Responses to “Applique in May”

1. Esther May 5, 2008 at 8:31 am #

Hi, I just scrolled down as you told to do but couldn’t find #4…Where is it ? I can’t see your first post of May where, I imagine, it should be… Thank you.

2. martha May 5, 2008 at 9:18 am #

Hi Gayle
    I am definelty downloading these wonderful blocks! Thanks for doing them for us. I was just in the right mood for an applique project. Congrats on your 30 years!

3. Yvonne Moser May 6, 2008 at 6:15 am #

I forgot to copy #4 but I think it is simple enough that I can make my own pattern………hey, if you snoze you lose…..LOL…..bet I won’t miss the rest of them…..LOL

4. Angie May 6, 2008 at 6:25 pm #

Hey Esther…if you go to the Sally Post page and then look under related links, there are two links that say May applique…click on the second one and scroll down. It is there!

5. Yvonne Moser May 7, 2008 at 5:45 am #

thank you for giving me a chance to copy block #4……..it’s a much better one than I could have done on my own……LOL…….thanks again!!!!!!!!

6. cigdem May 8, 2008 at 8:47 pm #

hi,ı am frm turkey and cannot find block 7
    could u help me pleas to find it
    thanks

7. Linda May 9, 2008 at 5:07 am #

“HELP ME” I have been away from the internet for the past week and have missed out on blocks 4, 5, 6 and 7. If anyone can help me out and email me them I would be very happy quilter. lindajoyting@yahoo.com

8. Joan Harris May 14, 2008 at 6:07 am #

Please let me know where the blocks are so that I can print them. I love the Sally Post quilt and am anxiously awaiting printing the daily patterns. Thanks so much.

9. Donna Roche May 16, 2008 at 8:39 pm #

Unfortunately I have Missed out on blocks 5,6,,7,8
    AND 9 WHEN MY COMPUTOR AND EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL IN MY HOUSE WAS ZAPPED BY LIGHTNING. iT HAS TAKEN ME WEEKS TO GET BACK ON LINE. I LOVE THESE PATTERNS AND SURELY WANT TO HAVE A COMPLETE SET SO I CAN START ON THIS QUILT. CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME COPIES OF THE MISSING BLOCKS.?..i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. maNY THANKS,
    diva@mc2k.com

10. Sherri May 18, 2008 at 6:28 pm #

Hi Gayle,

I seem unable to make any of the deadlines …will we be able to purchase this pattern from you?

thanks,