A Mother’s Day Garden – Applique in May

359816_com_fabulousfoodscard

I wish each of you the happiest of Mother's Days. I don't think it's until we're mothers ourselves that we realize all the things mothers have whirling around inside of them each and every day. Talk about the best of multi-taskers and mothers definitely win the prize. No matter how old your children are you still think of them first in every decision you make. It's a love that matches no other and I am so grateful to be blessed with two wonderful boys. I love them more than they'll ever know.

Today's block is a Mother's Day Garden for you. The block has a nice mix of colors. Many more than most of the blocks which are only red and green.

907 186-1

Sally Post Floral Sampler Block 11

Please take a moment and say a prayer for mothers everywhere with children near and far.

This post was written by who has written 531 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

7 Responses to “A Mother’s Day Garden – Applique in May”

1. Francisca R. May 11, 2008 at 11:18 am #

Hi Gayle,

First of all I would like to wish you a wonderfull Mother’s Day!
    Thank you for posting the Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks, they are loverly and will make the most flowerfull quilt.
    My questions are: are you posting a block every day? Due to the time-difference between USA and Europe we missed some blocks…..And 2nd I cannot find the yardage required for the quilt.
    greetings from the Netherlands!

2. Pat Hall May 11, 2008 at 8:19 pm #

thanks for the nice applique!! I am too far behind now to even start it. I had started to do it and had saved the patterns but way to far behind now maybe another time. thanks again for your time and sharing pat hall in ohio

3. céline May 12, 2008 at 12:28 am #

Thank you very much for these beautiful blocks !!! Hope I’ll have time to make this quilt !!

4. Penny May 12, 2008 at 4:54 am #

Is there a way to get a particular day (Block 9)if we missed it? Thanks for all the great projects!

5. Charlsey Holler May 12, 2008 at 12:48 pm #

Hi Gayle,

I was traveling and missed blocks 4, 5, 6, 7~ no printer on a sailboat. Will you be posting them again?

Charlsey

6. Peggy May 14, 2008 at 4:55 am #

Could someone please e-mail me block 12 to u2g07431@mail.wvnet.edu. I wasn’t able to pick up any after block 10 from home. Blocks 11 and 13 are available here this morning, but 12 is retired.

TIA – Peggy

7. olive May 15, 2008 at 8:29 am #

Please please put up blocks4-8 for all us Mothers that have been away visiting or taking care of Our mothers, daughters, sons, and grandchildren.We deserve a Break Olive