Let Summer Begin

This weekend is our official kick off for the "season" as we call it. While we have visitors in Traverse City year round, it's the time from Memorial Day to Labor Day that is the busiest. Closing time for the store increases from 5 to 6 to 7 on weekdays and 5 to 6 to 7 to 8 on Friday and Saturday. Sundays closing even extends from 4 to 5 to 6. The downtown area has lots of activities going and there are days you can't even see down the sidewalk because it's so packed with people. Today they announced that Madonna (a Michigan native) will be here in August during the Traverse City Film Festival. Admittedly, I'm more excited about the Blue Angels in July but I'm sure there are lots of Madonna fans. She'll be releasing her documentary film at the State Theatre owned by Michael Moore (a local resident).

I'm heading to work early today. I finished most the things I wanted to prep for the weekend but have something new for the front windows that I need to finish before the rush begins. Gas is $4.00 a gallon and above here so we're crossing our collective fingers hoping it won't keep people home.

If you're traveling later today for the holiday weekend, I wish you safe travels and don't forget to vote for Moomer's in the ice cream shop contest.

907 188-1

Sally Post Floral Sampler Block 23
RETIRED

This post was written by who has written 528 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

8 Responses to “Let Summer Begin”

1. sharon May 23, 2008 at 5:47 am #

Good Morning: It is 8:50 am in PA. I have tried to download the pattern for #23 and get “server not found. try again”. I was able to print a picture from your flickr file. Can you help me? Thank you.
    Sharon

2. gloria May 23, 2008 at 6:10 am #

I’m having trouble too, Sharon! And Gayle went to work already, so guess we’ll have to hope for a fix later today. It would be nice if it came before we left for the long weekend…. And if she would PLEASE leave the next few blocks up until at least Tuesday?!?! Pretty please?

3. connie May 23, 2008 at 6:21 am #

i cant get block 23 either for the same reason

4. Jenny May 23, 2008 at 6:21 am #

Good Morning — I am having the same problem as
    Sharon – tried to download the pattern for #23 and get
    “server not found, try again”

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Jenny

5. sharon May 23, 2008 at 7:09 am #

It is about 10:15 am in PA the “pdf file for #23 is working”. Thank you so very much for your help.

Sharon

6. connie May 23, 2008 at 7:36 am #

“ooops” got in a hurry! sorry, i just love this quilt.

7. Randi May 23, 2008 at 7:46 am #

Hello Gayle,

I was referred to your site by a fellow quilter and I am in love with the heirloom blocks in the Sally Post quilt. Unfortunately, my discovery is too late for many of the past blocks. I am missing blocks 4,7,8,9,12,13,14,15,17,18 & 20. I would be more than happy to purchase these patterns or if someone could email them to me that would be great!! Thank you so much !!

8. Penny from Canada May 23, 2008 at 8:46 am #

If those of you having trouble are on a “dial up” conection[as I am] rather than “high speed internet” you will find that when many of us try to download at the same time, the system gets over whelmed and the “server not found” error comes up….if you try later when the server is not so “busy” you will have a better chance for success…..{sometimes it pays to be on the west coast as I am and get the download 3 hours later than the rest of you….. I avoid the “traffic jam” so to speak (o:}