Let The Party Begin – Applique in May Make Up Day

It's a beautiful day here in TC. The sun is shining. There's a beautiful breeze. It is supposed to get pretty warm today but that's what we've all been waiting for. I have today and tomorrow off from work so I hope to catch up on things I've been pushing aside but I am going to spend some time stitching.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the blocks from the Sally Post Floral Sampler quilt. I'm uploading the blocks in groups of six blocks so when you open a file you can print off the ones you need. I hope that works okay for everyone. The fabric requirements are on the quilt's block of the month page.
The blocks will be available until the morning of June 9. After that time I'll go back to the block of the month format for the quilt. The entire collection of patterns will also be in the Online Store if you want to purchase them as a group.

A tender word about copyright. These patterns and photographs are for your personal use. That means you can make as many blocks or quilts for yourself as you'd like. Please don't make copies of the patterns even if you're sharing them for free. Please don't email them to others or use them on your web site or blog unless it's for a link here. In legal lingo:

Copyright notice
All images, text, and content on this site are protected by copyright and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent from Gayle Bomers. You may link to this site or link to a post from this site, but please give appropriate credit for the content. Any questions, please email me at ssquilt@aol.com.

Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks 1-6
RETIRED

Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks 7-12
RETIRED

Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks 13-18
RETIRED

Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks 19-24
RETIRED

Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks 25-30
RETIRED

Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks 31-36
RETIRED

These are some of the pictures I took the other night at the shop.

000 031-1

000 064 -1

000 063 -1

000 062 -1

000 061-1

000 058-1

000 065-1

Aren't these the prettiest little stitches?

000 017

000 018

If you have any trouble in the next couple of days please email me. I know I'm really bad about answering emails but I'll pay close attention today and tomorrow and try to take care of any crisis that comes up.

Happy Stitches!

This post was written by who has written 526 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

24 Responses to “Let The Party Begin – Applique in May Make Up Day”

1. Lori June 7, 2008 at 7:47 am #

Happy Birthday and thank you for the opportunity to get the blocks we missed!! It is a beautiful quilt.
    It looks like block 5 is missing from the first set.
    Lori

2. Myra June 7, 2008 at 8:15 am #

It sure is! And thats the very block I’m missing! LOL!Help,Gayle!
    -Myra

3. Karen June 7, 2008 at 8:16 am #

Gayle,
    Happy Birthday to you! Many more too!

Now that I have all but #5 I am all set to start applique and piecing. Happy Dance.

Karen in Fairfield, Ohio

4. Charlsey Holler June 7, 2008 at 8:23 am #

Dear Gayle,

Once Again, Happy Birthday and many blessings on your special day. Thanks for all you do to enhance our quilting experience.

Charlsey

5. Mary Ellen June 7, 2008 at 8:34 am #

Hi!

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for the make-up day. I tried hard to remember to print the Sally Post sampler each day – but missed 8 of them. So, now I have the complete set. I’m thinking of how I want to do this quilt. I’m almost thinking black/white/greys — and then green for stems (naturally) and all bright flowers. Wonder what Sally would think of that!!

And, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!! Hope you get to enjoy it!!

Mary Ellen

6. Francisca R. June 7, 2008 at 9:30 am #

Dear Gayle!

A Very Happy Birthday to you!!!
    We should give you a Birthday-present, instead of that you give us one! Thanks so much for the pattern.
    I wish you a very happy bright day!

Hartelijke groeten from the Netherlands,

7. Leisa June 7, 2008 at 10:24 am #

Happy Birthday to you! Thank you for making these blocks available, I had missed so many. They are absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to get started.

Leisa

8. Nancy June 7, 2008 at 11:18 am #

Thank you so much for the make-up day. I had missed 3 of them, so now I have a complete set. I am going to post on my blog for others so they also can print the patterns.

9. Denise Edwards June 7, 2008 at 11:41 am #

THANKYOU. Happy Birthday.

10. Jacque June 7, 2008 at 2:14 pm #

Gayle – I echo everybody’s thanks! I tried to remember each day during May to print – but obviously didn’t! So now I’m caught up and ready for the monthly patterns to begin again.

11. Daisy June 7, 2008 at 2:44 pm #

Happy Birthday and thank you for all your effort in “translating” old quilts in “new” patterns so our old legacy will be renewed over and over again.

12. Candi June 7, 2008 at 8:09 pm #

Gayle, I am so glad you gave me a chance to grab the patterns that I missed. I missed two. Most of all I would like to thank you for sharing the Sally Post for free. I love your website and I come often to visit. Thanks again for the second chance to reprint.

Thanks for letting me keep myself in stitches!!!
    Candi Gordon

13. Donna Roche June 7, 2008 at 9:53 pm #

Happy Birthday. Thanks for the make up day. But I Keep getting patterns no. 1-5 no matter what shows on the screen. Please help…. I’ve tried saving them. printing from screen and from printer but keep getting the same patterns. CaN SOMEONE HELP???? DONNA

14. mamypatch June 7, 2008 at 10:59 pm #

Un grand merci, nous allons le faire en janvier 2009, nous vous enverrons des photos..
    Bises et bon anniversaire

15. Jules June 8, 2008 at 12:02 am #

Gayle,
    Thank-you very much for the makeup day. I missed 3 altogether. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to get the missing 3. Your generousity is completely overwhelming. Have a great birthday, we are all celebrating with you.

Jules

16. ozjane June 8, 2008 at 7:37 am #

Gayle, thank you so much for allowing us to collect the missing ones. I looked at them every day for ages before I realized they could be downloaded.
    I might try them with tiny button hole appliqué as a rest from a long BOM of needle turn appliqué.
    I might be getting better but it is slow.
    It is an Oriental Baltimore from
    I talked all my friends into doing it and one has finished…but it is stretching me……
    Thanks again.

17. Debbie June 8, 2008 at 7:48 am #

Thank you for posting the patterns again. What a wonderful birthday gift you have given to all of us. Have the Happiest Birthday ever.

Debbie

18. Debra Anger June 9, 2008 at 5:01 pm #

I hope that the weather and the events of your birthday will be remembered always.. you have given me a day to remember your generosity preceeds you.. thanks and another year of joy and happiness for you and our family.

19. chantal June 10, 2008 at 1:52 pm #

hello from france
    thank you so much for all these wonderfull blocks
    it is a beautiful quilt
    thanks again
    chantal

20. Melita June 10, 2008 at 6:36 pm #

Thank you Gayle for the whole ‘Sally Post Floral Sampler Blocks’ experience and I have been happily downloading the patterns every day. I only missed 2 in its early days and now of course I have them as well!! I am delighted to be able to share in it…thank you very much for making it happen. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

21. Julie June 12, 2008 at 12:14 pm #

Gayle: Thank you for sharing this wonderful quilt with us and making all the individuals patterns.

Your talents, kindness and generosity are appreciated.

22. Peg June 18, 2008 at 4:38 pm #

Hi Gayle,

23. Peg June 18, 2008 at 4:41 pm #

Gayle, Sorry about the above message. My computer is doing funny things.
    We haven’t heard from you in awhile and just hope you are well. You had all of those medical tests a few weeks ago and I pray that the results were good. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

24. elisabeth June 21, 2008 at 2:01 am #

Thanks for this beautiful patch