Trick or Treat Kids – Block 1

It's been a lot harder than I thought to choose just 12 kids for the Trick or Treat Kids series. Each one I work on seems to be more adorable than the last one. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to embroider these, applique them or do a combination of both.
I hope you enjoy each of these adorable sweet treats. Every day until Halloween I'll post one of the little girls or boys dressed in something fun. When you get one stitched up send me a picture. I'd love to add it to the Photo Gallery.

Today's kid looks like a shabby Cinderella. Isn't she just the cutest little girl? Click on the text under the picture and the pattern file will open. The block's will be online for free until November 1st. They'll go in the Online Store after that.

Trick or Treat Kids - Block 1 (Free Pattern Link Expired)

If you've been waiting for Section 4 of the Shipshewana Amish Mystery Quilt - I posted it last night. It's applique! I'll tell you the story tomorrow.

This post was written by who has written 526 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

11 Responses to “Trick or Treat Kids – Block 1”

1. christine October 20, 2008 at 9:55 am #

she’s so cute.
    Thanks a lot for all your beautiful designs.

2. jolie October 20, 2008 at 11:18 am #

Wat a nice block… looks a little bit like a Dutch girl..
    Thanks for this one and also the new Amish block.

3. Denise Felton October 20, 2008 at 2:48 pm #

So cute! I’ve scheduled a link to this post to go live on my blog mid-day tomorrow (Central USA time). I hope it brings you a few extra clicks.

Denise

4. Alice October 20, 2008 at 5:09 pm #

Thank you, Gayle, for the ToT Kids Block! It’s very cute. Now to decide what technique to use on the block!

Alice I.
    Maryland

5. deb October 21, 2008 at 5:03 am #

Hi Gayle.. I was up late transfering this pattern to a nice background fabric. I will be using embroiderie but with many colors rather than just redwork. hope to have some time to start stitching today. It is very cool and windy beautiful fall weather here in Toronto. perfect to stitch this little Tot

6. Cathy Weber October 21, 2008 at 8:09 am #

Gayle,
    These little trick or treat kids are so cute. Thanks so much for sharing these kids.

Cathy

7. Merryloretta October 25, 2008 at 9:33 pm #

How cute!

8. Pam November 1, 2008 at 5:55 am #

Thank you for the wonderful patterns! They are truly beautiful. I own an embroidery machine and will transfer the designs to redwork and make a halloween quilt for next year. I’m glad to have found your site and plan to visit often.

Thanks!
    Pam in Mississippi

9. WonderlandShoppe January 14, 2009 at 11:25 pm #

I would like to have you see my quilt top I made from your Halloween kids in October 2008. I hope the link to view the picture comes through: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wonderlandshoppe/3177682812/in/set-72157612258536251/

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Sentimental Stitches « kj’sWeblog - October 20, 2008

[…] a little something to bring a smile to your face and be a bright spot in your day.  Gayle over at Sentimental Stitches is creating a Trick or Treat Tot pattern for you to print off and use as an embroidery, appliqué or […]

2. Embroidery patterns: Trick or treat kids · Needlework News @ CraftGossip - October 21, 2008

[…] – of children dressed in costumes. This sweet little Cinderella is the first in the series. Get the pattern. And be sure to bookmark the […]