Dear Jane Shipshewana Retreat – Eye Candy From Yoder’s

It was a fairly relaxing day yesterday although I didn't get my laundry done. I took some pictures for you of a small part of the fabric department at Yoder's. There is everything from burlap to bridal veil available.

Looking down one of the aisles of between rows of fabric.

Sorry, a very poor angle looking down one of the walls of color.

Two really pretty batik quilts. They have kits available for both of them.

Part of their 1930s fabrics.

How many days until Christmas?

This is a beautiful wall quilt. I'm tempted by this one!

Cut table displays are scattered through the store.

These colors are just yummy!

Today I'll take pictures at Lolly's Fabrics and the sewing room opens at 3 PM to let the fun begin.

Oh ya, wait until you see the cool tote bag pattern the girls from All These Blessings have done. It's darling and I know you're going to want a pattern or kit for yourself.

This post was written by who has written 528 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

6 Responses to “Dear Jane Shipshewana Retreat – Eye Candy From Yoder’s”

1. Annelies November 19, 2008 at 10:13 am #

I would love to see this quiltshop in real. Instead I am far away in The Netherlands. I wish you a lovely time.

2. PJ November 19, 2008 at 11:00 am #

I am drooling looking at all that wonderful fabric. Looks like a good place to wander around imagining all the possibilities.

3. Caron Mosey November 19, 2008 at 11:00 am #

OK, I’ll take four yards of that “bubble gum” colored fabric on the second shelf… and the pattern for the Jesus, Mary and Joseph wallhanging…

Let me know where to email you my list.

🙂 Have a great time in Shipshe!

4. Caroline in NH November 19, 2008 at 4:15 pm #

Love the batik kit with the circular pattern! Looks like a variation of “Robbing Peter to Pay Paul”. Wonderful pictures, thank you for taking the time to share them with us!

5. Hanne November 23, 2008 at 7:17 am #

Thanks for sharing all those lovely photo – both from the retreat room and from the shops.
    You are an angel for eating a prentzel for me 🙂
    Miss you guys !

Have a safe trip home !

6. LuAnn November 25, 2008 at 12:47 pm #

Hi Gay
    Great photos. I ended up buying that pack of Metro Blue gone Green fabric from Yoders that is in one of your photos. Then I went on over to Lolly’s and found some more fabrics from the line and got some of those. I miss being there. Today instead of going to my sewing space, I’ve got to go get a few things I still need for Thanksgiving dinner. And, at night I wander around looking for my sack with my piece of pie and fork. Look forward to seeing you again in April or before.