New Year’s Wishes

I pray the best for our world in 2009. It seems as we turn the page on 2008 there are many things demanding our attention and causing stress in the lives of people worldwide. I'm looking to the new year with gratitude for all the blessings I have been given. If worse came to worse I think I could find a bent needle, some dull scissors, old rags to cut up and still make a quilt to keep my family warm. I know you could (and would) too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I've been receiving spam emails from my own web site. I hope you haven't been receiving them too. Because of this I've hesitated publishing the new pattern pages for 2009 or send out a newsletter. I'm working the Lunarpages, my ISP, and can't say enough good things about their customer service for being fast to warn me of the problem and assisting me in making it go away. I'm no expert and wouldn't have a clue how to fix this without them. As soon as it's taken care of the pages will start to appear like magic.
Here's a sneak peek of the Changing Seasons Block of the Month. You can use the blocks in a quilt or finish each one with a special setting for individual wall quilts.

This post was written by who has written 525 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

15 Responses to “New Year’s Wishes”

1. threeundertwo January 3, 2009 at 8:17 am #

That’s my attitude too – if all else fails I can still piece a quilt.

The snowman is darling!

2. Annelies January 6, 2009 at 7:12 am #

I wish you a very happy, healthy and creative 2009 !
    I do like the cute snowman.

3. Sue January 10, 2009 at 3:47 pm #

Adorable! I’d love to make this as a wallhanging 🙂 Thanks Gayle! Looking forward to it!!

4. Leonna January 12, 2009 at 4:18 pm #

Wishing you and yours a great new year. Love the little snowman.

5. WonderlandShoppe January 14, 2009 at 11:19 pm #

I am missing your blogs on here!! I check daily as I just recently found you back in October 2008. Also, when looking you up the other day, a different site popped up 4 different times also called Sentimental Stitches, but later in the day your regular site came back. I just signed up for your newsletters. Stay healthy, stay warm, stay happy!!!

6. Joan January 23, 2009 at 6:20 am #

Thanks, Gayle, for your very difficult work! And then to have computer problems ‘taboot’, well, hang in there. Now I know why I have not been able to find the new patterns! I will keep checking back and hope your problems are soon solved.

7. Sally January 28, 2009 at 11:27 am #

Gayle,
    Sorry to see you’re still having computer problems. Hope it works out soon since we all love your hard work that you share with us. Sending best thoughts to you and your computer!

8. Rosie Graham January 29, 2009 at 4:36 am #

Hi, just found your blog and I am having a wonderful time reading through it and turning green with envy at the fabulous pictures of the shops.
    As for your name, Gay or Gayle, which do you feel most comfortable with and more especially who do you want to be?

Fabulous blog, looking forward to reading some more of your adventures.
    Rosie

9. LouAnne January 30, 2009 at 9:07 am #

Gayle: Have missed your postings since New Years. Hope your problems are resolved soon. I like that little snowman pattern. Looks like it will be good for redwork as well as for the applique as shown!

10. jenny February 18, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

hope you can get your computer problems worked out very soon. miss your blogs and the wonderful patterns that you post. Please PLEASE get back on line soon.

11. Arlene February 18, 2009 at 11:17 pm #

I hope you are well and it is just computer issues that are keeping you off line. I enjoy reading your blog.

12. Myra February 19, 2009 at 1:13 pm #

Gayle,
    I’m missing your blogs too! (And I also miss little Clutch!) Hope you’re back on soon!

13. Rae in Sweden February 26, 2009 at 2:11 am #

Gayle
    I’m adding myself to those who are missing your pages. I just read some not so complementary things about Lunarpages, so I sure hope things get fixed soon and that there’s nothing else wrong. Best of Luck!
    Rae in Sweden

14. Valinda February 26, 2009 at 6:53 am #

I was looking at your flickr pictures and if that is your hand I’ld say you’ve had a tough couple of weeks.I’ll say a prayer for healing and comfort.Hope you’ll be back up on your fingers soon.Valinda

15. Lori Holt February 26, 2009 at 8:54 am #

I’m missing your blog! Hope things are well with you.