Polka Dot Garden – Beyond The Cherry Trees Album Quilt

You've all been very patient waiting for the first block of the Beyond The Cherry Trees Album Quilt to begin. Each time I look at the quilt I get excited all over again. Clutch has become quite attached to the quilt too. He dogs around and hides his dog treats between the folds. I don't know how that old quilt takes the abuse!

This is the first block we'll be making. It starts you right off with polka dot flowers. They all have reverse appliqued yellow centers. The embroidery floss on the old block has faded to blue but was originally the same green as the leaves.

There's also a page with fabric requirements for the quilt and a cutting diagram for the background fabric. The original quilt used a limited number of fabrics but I'm using a variety of prints in each color.

The blocks will be posted monthly. This block will be FREE for one month and then retired to the Online Store where you can purchase it. I haven't finished drafting the border design so it's not available yet.

This post was written by who has written 532 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

8 Responses to “Polka Dot Garden – Beyond The Cherry Trees Album Quilt”

1. jeanne October 12, 2009 at 8:37 pm #

thanks gay
    i cannot pick up the block pattern . the fabric requirements popped up and i printed it, but the block will not
    jeanne

2. Diana October 13, 2009 at 4:16 am #

I finally found the first block but can’t print it out. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.
    Diana

3. Rae in Sweden October 13, 2009 at 4:54 am #

Will there be any new Amish blocks or Midget Blocks? I’d like to finish those before I start something new.
    Rae in Sweden

4. Wanetha October 26, 2009 at 4:16 pm #

This quilt is a lovely thought, but I am positive I will not start it until I have all the instructions to make it a finished project.

5. deb October 28, 2009 at 8:15 am #

I love the start of the new quilt with the wonderful applique and also the quilting designs that you have put in. Thanks so much Gay…a nice easy way to start out..

6. carolld November 5, 2009 at 2:40 pm #

Gay, I love this quilt and can’t wait to get started on it. I’ll be blogging about you and create a link as I’m sure my other readers would like it too.

7. Bonnie November 8, 2009 at 12:24 pm #

I love this pattern, but it is now Nov. and all I see is the Sept. pattern. If we need to buy Oct. pattern, I can’t find where to do that. It doesn’t show up in the online store? Thanks .

8. Dana November 13, 2009 at 4:29 pm #

Gayle,

It doesn’t look like the second block has been posted. Can we expect to see it soon?