Shipshewana Dear Jane Retreat – Day 3

Another wonderful day in paradise!!!!!!!! I don't know how else do describe it. It was sunny, 80 degrees, birds singing, friends all around and fabric, fabric to touch. Even a road contruction detour took me down a tree lined dirt road past Amish farms.

I know you're not seeing any Amish farms in this picture but I am kind of a fuss budget about doing my best to respect their wishes to not be in photographs.

Spent some time in Middlebury this afternoon at Gohn Brothers, my favorite Amish dry goods store. I also visited The Cinnamon Stick. It's right on Route 13. You've got to stop if you're in the area. It's a sister store to Sarah Davis in the Mercantile here in Shipshewana. My first stop in the morning is back to Lolly's and Sarah Davis. I bought a really cute new Vera Bradley travel make up bag in the black microfiber fabric with a zebra lining.

I took some pictures for you at Lolly's showing of some of great things available right now. If you see something you like just give them a call or send an email and it'll be at your door before you know it.
Here we go:

I think they like us!

Big, bright and beautiful!

Eldon - shirting and some of the most beautiful Civil War repros I've seen.

Don't forget the million pillowcases!

Chocolate and double pink!

Read the fine print - Kaffe Fassett fabrics - Kaffe, Kaffe and more Kaffe! Yeah!!!

So pretty!

Of course there's a kit!

1930s - you bet your thimbles! Lots of them.

My new Button Checkers set for the cottage

Blue Hill Fabrics Paper Dolls - Did I mention I'm designing fabric for them? Petticoats and Polka Dots coming out in September.

Pineapple perfection.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know there is the fabric I need for.........

Lance and Mandi's new baby in this section but.........

Check out this cool quilt! I might have to have one of these kits!

Jelly Rolls anyone?

Layer cakes?

Lets mix and match the Jelly Rolls and Layer Cakes.

Grab a pattern or two or three!

A little Moda corner

Charm packs - I love to buy these and play with the different fabrics within the line.

An applique kit

For this stunning quilt by Laundry Basket Quilts

A few of the books to choose from.

Yes Clutch, Mommy misses you!

This post was written by who has written 532 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

8 Responses to “Shipshewana Dear Jane Retreat – Day 3”

1. Lori April 16, 2010 at 6:02 am #

Wow! What a store!! I about passed out looking through your photos. Amazing!!

2. Brigitte Baierl April 16, 2010 at 9:21 am #

thank you for the lovely pictures – sniff – I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!! Brigitte

3. Caroline Van Maele April 16, 2010 at 9:25 am #

Hi Gay and all
    thanks for the nice vieuws from lolly’s ….I can’t wait for Novembber to be there with all of you guys
    love caroline

4. PJ April 16, 2010 at 9:44 am #

Wow, nice pictures. What a store that is… I live across the country so it’s unlikely that I’ll ever see the inside of Lolly’s so your pics are much appreciated.

5. Rita April 16, 2010 at 11:13 am #

I always appreciate you sharing your photos….it’s the next best thing to being there.

6. Pat Harrell April 16, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

Gay,
    Oh, I want to be there so much! Perhaps in Nov. Thanks for keeping those of us unable to come in the loop. Can’t wait to see show and tell pics!

Pat from FL & MI

7. Helen March 12, 2011 at 2:36 am #

Could you please provide me with the name of the quilt shop where you photographed the civil war reproduction pack? Do they deliver internationally? I would really like to order a pack.
    Happy quilting, Helen

8. Gay March 12, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

I’d be happy to help guide you to the shop with the Civil War fabric pack. It just happens to be my favorite store in the entire country and I’m lucky enough to live only a couple hours away. I’m sure they would be happy to send, order or help you find just about anything you’re looking for. God willing, I should be there myself in 25 days and if for some reason they aren’t able to do international shipping right now I’d be happy to send it through the Sentimental Stitches shipping system while I’m there. Here’s the information you’ll need:
    Lolly’s Fabrics
    225 East Main St
    PO Box 277
    Shipshewana IN 46565
    Phone: 800-773-2119 or 260-768-4703

They have a web site filled with ‘eye candy’ – Lolly’s Fabric Store
    You can use the Contact Us link if you want to send them an email.

I’m just about finished editing some new video of Lolly’s, their Cuddle Corner store and Little Bit of Lolly’s, the clearance center. And…….you won’t want to miss the reports from my upcoming trip. I can’t wait to see all the new things since my last visit.