Shipshewana Amish Quilt – Section 14

My progress on the Shipshewana Amish quilt came to a screeching halt. I started to put some of my sections together

sorry this picture is so lousy!

and just wasn't happy with some of the colors I'd chosen. No design wall here at the lake and I only had a small basket of solids with me so..............it's time to put on the brakes and step back. I've already switched around the flying geese units to balance the blue and turquoise. I really don't like the way the colors in the fan section (I know you don't have that one yet) look but I'm too lazy to make two more blocks so I'm auditioning a couple of replacement fan blades and a different handle.

Until next time - here's Section 14 for you to work on. I'm off to finish watching the John Mayer / Keith Urban Crossroads on CMT while we wait for a thunderstorm that's headed our way.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 529 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

6 Responses to “Shipshewana Amish Quilt – Section 14”

1. nellie June 19, 2010 at 4:52 am #

Hello Gayle,

I am collecting the patterns for the amish quilt. And now I saw that number 14 was placed. But there is a problem. I can’t open the pattern. Maybe you can solve the problem.
    Thank you.
    Nellie from Holland.

2. Judy Morinq June 19, 2010 at 5:21 am #

The link for the Section 14 only brings up the general page for the quilt – not the PDF for Section 14

3. Elaine June 19, 2010 at 7:35 am #

Hi Gay, and Clutch
    I have tried to download or upload, whatever it’s called and when I click on the words, like I usually do, it refuses to open! Waaaa. Am I just doing something wrong? Thank you and hope your weekend is good, Elaine

4. Betty C June 19, 2010 at 11:20 am #

Where is your vase with flowers?

5. Lynn S. June 20, 2010 at 4:39 am #

Hi Gay! This quilt is really going together nicely. I’m thinking of reducing it and making a miniature of it. I really prefer the pieced vase you have in the picture on the layout above rather than the applique (section 4). Will you be posting the pieced vase as an option? Thanks much

6. Diane June 23, 2010 at 7:32 am #

I’m doing mine in half size, and is it ever cute!
    However, I am very far behind..I got stalled on the itsy bitsy applique. (serves me right!) Hmmm, now that I see you used a different floral block above, I might consider replacing it with something else…