A Day To Remember

July 20th is always a rough day for me. Being at the cottage helps although it would be better if Rob and the boys were here too but Clutch and I will get by. We did all our usual things today but I wanted to say good night with this -

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Tags: , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 525 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

8 Responses to “A Day To Remember”

1. janet lee July 20, 2010 at 7:33 pm #

Hi Gay,
    Thanks so much for sharing. Wow your dad was a great guy. I enjoyed the pictures of your cottage and family with beautiful scenery.
    Sent up a little prayer for you.
    God bless you and hold you in His arms.
    Janet Lee

2. Diane July 20, 2010 at 7:44 pm #

That was such a moving tribute. Very very nice. First I was thinking about the bond with your father, then when the snow pix came up, I started thinking about my daughter Emily. She graduated high school from Interlochen Arts Academy and would tell me that I had no idea at all what real snow was all about. Thank you for sharing your smilebox.

3. Pat July 21, 2010 at 8:30 am #

Thanks for sharing!

4. Faye July 21, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

Very nice.

5. chris b July 21, 2010 at 5:29 pm #

Hi Gay. That is a beautiful tribute. My Dad loved to create gardens I lost him in 2006 July 28. My Mum in 2008 she loved his gardens they both knew every plant and weed that grew there. I will try one day to make a little story as you have done. You are blessed to have such wonderful memories to hold. Kind regards

6. Dawn Burchett July 22, 2010 at 2:41 am #

Gay, how beautiful.

7. Janet in Fort Worth July 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm #

Dear Gay, What a lovely tribute to your father whom you loved so much and to the life you enjoyed sharing with him. I,too, lost my father, but at a very young age of 9. My memories are not as rich as yours, but equally treasured. Janet H

8. Nancy August 2, 2010 at 6:34 pm #

Thanks Gay. This beautiful tribute brought tears to my eyes, and some remembrances of our own of watchingfrom our deck, your little guys enjoying the lake as they’ve grown up.

Wasn’t aware of your blog site. It will be nice to spend some time enjoying it.

Blessings on your continued journey.

Nancy