Midget Mania – Block 24 (aka Midget Block 116)

Here we are, the last block of our Midget Mania. I hope you've had fun with this blitz of 24 new blocks to add to your collection. I didn't actually sew any during the last week or so but after I get the Block of the Month patterns for August posted I'll show you some pictures of the blocks I have stored in my binder.
We're up to 116 blocks now and I think the time has come to retire some of those first blocks. I'm trying to give everyone plenty of time to download the free versions but want you to know I'll be retiring the first 55 Midget Blocks at the end of August.

You Cherry Trees ladies are going to go crazy when you see the August block. I know I officially have until tomorrow to get it posted but as soon as I'm done with a couple of chores I've got to get it uploaded. I can't wait for you to see it. I might have to applique these blocks myself after all!

Nothing too difficult about this last Midget Block. It's foundation pieced and I don't remember having any problems with mine when I was sewing it.

Midget Mania Block 24 - Garden Maze

Midget 116

Block 116

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 529 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

12 Responses to “Midget Mania – Block 24 (aka Midget Block 116)”

1. Tea August 10, 2010 at 7:54 am #

Thanks Gay for the Midget Mania. I realize how much work it was to get the posts ready for the blog. It is very much appreciated.

2. Wanetha August 10, 2010 at 9:51 pm #

Such a busy summer…(and haven’t you been busy!!)I hadn’t been to your site since the end of July when I downloaded Block 93….and now WOW!!…..24 new posts of Midget blocks. (Actually only 23 since block 97 is no where to be found) Thank You!

3. Myra August 11, 2010 at 8:11 am #

Thanks so much for all the hard work you do for us quilters,so that all we have to do is sit back and sew! You are the Greatest!!!

4. Kathyjdh August 11, 2010 at 11:28 am #

Thanks SO Much for all the new little midget blocks. I love love love them!

5. Peggy August 17, 2010 at 11:54 am #

I enjoyed the “Midget Blocks” quilt pattern I am just wondering if I have missed the other half of the patterns. I noticed you started posting them in 2006 and would love to make the rest of the Blocks. I mostly quilt by hand and such a small project is easy to carry with me and yet makes to such an interesting quilt in the end. I even made the hexegon diamond block. It is great for using every little scrap! Thank you for sharing these patterns
    Sparrow
    Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?

6. Diane Munk August 20, 2010 at 8:16 am #

Thank you so much for all of the midget block patterns. I have them all in a binder and just happened to find the last 24. For those of you who can’t find #97, it is there, just not in the index. Do a google search for block 96, it is in that series. I just printed it out. Thanks again.

7. Dawn Dicks August 20, 2010 at 12:32 pm #

So glad I checked your website. I’d better get to downloading so I have the patterns. I’m participating in a midget block swap on Sew many Swaps. Love it!! I’m so excited to see which blocks I get back and which ones I get to stitch. This one will be a keeper for me.

8. Heather August 23, 2010 at 11:10 am #

Gay,
    Thank you so much for all the time you put into Midget Mania! I posted a couple links to your site so my readers & twitter followers can be sure they have the first 55 printed (and the new ones, too).

I’m still working on Dear Jane, so I’m not taking on another mini project for a little while longer. Thanks to you, I have a lovely stack of block instructions for a later date that I’m truly looking forward to.

Best Wishes & Happy Quilting,
    Heather

9. jolie August 30, 2010 at 7:13 am #

Thanks for all the blocks… warm greetings from Marmaris – Turkey.

10. Wanetha August 30, 2010 at 6:33 pm #

Thank you Gayle for your generosity with these patterns! And a big “Thank You to DIANE MUNK” for finding block #97 for us! (as it was not listed in the index on this site)

11. radiobeer December 12, 2010 at 11:03 pm #

When will we see the next blocks, I am looking forward to it.

12. pat December 26, 2010 at 12:25 pm #

Are we on just 116 midget block.
    Or has new ones been added.