Just Takes 2™ Quilt – January 15 Quilt Blocks

Wow! The two weeks between January 1 and January 15 just flew by. Did you get the first six blocks for your Just Takes 2 quilt finished? It's been so much fun seeing all the different fabric choices being used to make this mystery quilt. I have to admit it's been really hard not to grab other color combinations and make a second quilt.

just takes 2 january 1 blocks

You saw my first blocks when we started the quilt on January 1st.

These are the next 5 blocks!

There are a couple of 9" blocks blocks this time. Brenda and I think you'll like this group. You'll get a chance to practice several of your quilting techniques on this bunch. If you need help with the quilting techniques there's help in the Instructions section here and in the lessons on the Dear Jane software.

Block 7

Block 8

Block 9

Block 10

Block 11

Remember.......this time you need to visit the Dear Jane web site to get your blocks. Be sure to check out the great sale Brenda has on fabric right now.

Just Takes 2 Blocks for January 15 - Click here to visit Dear Jane

I think the blocks are coming together nicely!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 526 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

8 Responses to “Just Takes 2™ Quilt – January 15 Quilt Blocks”

1. Sue January 15, 2012 at 11:08 am #

Wow. These look great. I’ve finished my first six and now I’m heading over to Brenda’s site to grab the next back. I needed a little sewing for this Sunday. It’s looking so good!

2. Holly January 16, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

I just came across your mystery quilt project here, and can’t wait to start! I’ll have some catching up to do. I can already tell you the color choices will be difficult. I LOVE the red & white, but have some civil war reproduction prints that would be nice too…. I’d better get busy!

3. Jo Ann Lindsey January 23, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

I purchased the redwork patterns but can’t see how to download them…there is no link to do so. Had no problem witht the regular patchwork patterns. Need some help here. Looks like a great quilt but I’m not going to proceed with it if I can get the redwork patterns. Thank you.

Jo Ann

4. Gay January 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

You would have received an email with a link to download the patterns. I’ll send you a DM and we’ll get things straightened out.

5. Margarita January 28, 2012 at 4:24 am #

Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with block 8. Is the centre red square supposed to be smaller than the shite sections either side of it, because in the instructions it says to cut the four white sections at 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 and the centre square at 2 inches square, I am wondering which bit is wrong?

Please help

6. Sandi October 21, 2012 at 7:28 am #

Hi Gay, is there a way I can see the blocks that have embroidery on them? I did keep up with the blocks as we summered up north, but did not keep up with the embroidery. I do have the embroidery patterns, but not where to “put” them! Thanks, Sandi

7. Gay October 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Sandi,

There was embroidery used in block sets from January 1, March 1, April 15, June 1, August 1 and Sept 1 (design from March 1 embroidery set. If you type in Just Takes 2 embroidery in the search box (right side near the top) it will bring up all the posts showing my blocks with embroidery designs. You can then scroll through them to see what designs I used on the blocks. I don’t have a separate list or group of photos showing just the embroidery. I hope that helps a little. Get ready, there’s more embroidery scheduled for Nov. 1 plus some challenging blocks!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Just Takes 2 BOM | kj’sWeblog - January 26, 2012

[…] I wanted to tell you about a block if the month that’s going on…..The first two sets of blocks are up already…..you have until Feb. 1st to  download the patterns…..I think I really want to do this one……Go check it out you might want to do it too……Sentimental Stitches  […]