Just Takes 2™ Quilt – February 1 & Meet the Snowbabies

I can't believe it's been a month since we started the Just Takes 2 quilt. The time is going by so quickly and everyone's blocks are really great. The first set of Just Takes 2 blocks for February might leave you shaking your head saying "what the what" or "that's it" but there's nothing wrong. We just thought we'd give you a chance to catch your breath for a couple of weeks.

Get out your foundation paper because both blocks are constructed that way. As a combination block and sash design we found the easiest way to make the blocks accurately was to foundation piece them. The 12" square is a traditional block called Tumbling Blocks by Comfort Magazine or Rocky Mountain Chain by Hearth and Home Magazine. The second block is Flying Geese. Have you noticed? There's only two blocks this time! Get these finished because on the 15th you'll be busy again. Scroll down to the bottom of the post to get your blocks.

Check out this little cutie. He or she is part of an adorable little group called Snowbabies! I was working on these at the Dear Jane retreat last November.

They have been fun and easy blocks to work on. The snowy stitching on their little clothing goes really fast.

When you're ready to sit back and relax with a little embroidery check out the new Snowbabies pattern. There's 12 blocks and a great setting for a 52" x 65" lap quilt in the seventeen page pattern set.

Just Takes 2 Blocks for February 1 - Click here

P.S. If you had your own personal quilt geek to answer computer tech questions what would you ask him?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 526 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

12 Responses to “Just Takes 2™ Quilt – February 1 & Meet the Snowbabies”

1. Jayne Coale February 1, 2012 at 9:49 am #

I just love the change of pace with these Snowbabies. I can start these, but I am behind because I need to get red and white fabric. I want the reds consistent in this project.

2. Sharon February 1, 2012 at 10:30 am #

Hi Gay, what is the unfinished size of the Block 12?

3. Tammy February 1, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Wow, I love those little snowbabies! Absolutely darling!

4. Randy Danto February 1, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

I have a Mac computer and the sizes for the latest paper pieced blocks are not showing up correctly on my screen…printed out the wrong size. Any suggestions on how to get it to show up the right size on my computer screen?

5. Barbara Black February 2, 2012 at 6:18 am #

Computer geek: why is my AcitveX not working even though I have the internet options security settings set as it says they should be. Also, Java is not enabled though it’s installed. The laptop had a new battery installed and more RAM added but now it doesn’t do what I need it to do!

6. Cissa K February 2, 2012 at 9:15 am #

I have a personal computer geek; and I ask a lot of questions. Some I am not so proud to admit that I had asked. My Mac is broken and this notebook I am using is not compatible with my printer, so until next week I will not be able to make these blocks. About the printing problem that Randy has, when you get to the print page on your screen that tells you margin, portrait, etc, look down to “scaling” and in that area select “none” This will print the correct size. Even if your computer screen is different size. To correct the computer screen size, where is says size and gives you %, just go down to 100% (mine is showing 165%) and you should be able to see the entire block on your screen. Hope this help. I am not very good at computers either.

7. valerie February 2, 2012 at 10:13 am #

I think I also have printing problems, I do not have the right size…

8. rosa February 4, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

Those little snowbabies are adorable!

9. Susan February 4, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

Love the embroidery, and am considering whether or not to add that to blocks. If I had a computer geek, I’d ask him to make Thunderbird work on my new computer so that Eudora would work. Then I could go back to my real e-mail address. The Thunderbird people couldn’t figure it out, my ISP couldn’t figure it out, so I need someone really geeky!

10. Joyce S. February 14, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

Thanks, cissa for the help with printing. I didn’t have the right size pattern either but I just tried 1 page with no scaling and got a bigger pattern. Now I can print the rest of the pages and stitch the last block without frustration.

11. Judi February 17, 2012 at 9:06 am #

I’m having trouble getting the patterns for the February blocks to load. For some reason it just says “connecting” but never will open. Is there any way you can email them to me or something? I don’t want to miss them. Thanks!!

12. Judi February 17, 2012 at 11:06 am #

Ha! Nevermind 🙂 I had to restart my computer, but then it loaded just fine. Sorry!