Dear Daughter Block of the Month – Blocks 37 – 42

Today is our final set of Dear Daughter blocks. I feel like the year has just flown by. I've seen such beautiful blocks being made throughout the year and look forward to seeing your completed quilt.

Rather than hold things over until January for the last two blocks I've posted the final 6 blocks. This way we can have a fresh start in January on a new quilt! Are you wondering what it will be? There's actually going to be two projects next year - something for everyone! I'm keeping them under wraps for now but promise to share one of them with you very soon.

Let's get started on this months blocks -

Block 37

Elias Randolph

Fulton Rock Co

Wisconsin

John A Randolph

1850

Such a simple block but still very pretty. I think the fabric was once a beautiful shade of green.

Block 38

I'm in love with these quirky tulips. I think it's wonderful the way they dance around the block. There are four signatures on this block -

Grace L. Dunn

Harriet M Dunn

Elizabeth Y Dunn

Cornelia M Dunn

Plainfield NJ

May 25th 1852

This for Maxom and Sarah Ann Dunham

Block 39

Maxom Dunham

Piscataway NJ

May 25th 1852

This beautiful bird block is for our groom - Maxom. Don't you just love the stripe fabric used for the stem and the wonderful indigo print for the flower pot? Beautiful fabric choices.

The bird itself has a reverse appliqued eye and wing. Look at the sweet little feet on this bird!

Two little flower pots are appliqued on the bottom corners. The fussy cut leaves fit perfectly.

Block 40

We have another beautiful bird for our bride -

Sarah Ann Dunham

Piscataway NJ May 25 1852

Block 41

Cornelius C Blackford

May 25th 1852

Piscataway NJ

All of the little leaves on this block are fussy cut from the same pretty green print we've seen in many of the blocks.

Block 42

Emaline G Holton

Ill

1850

It seems appropriate the final block is a donut block. I love the indigo and cheddar broderie perse appliques around the donut. You've seen the leaves in the corners many times before.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support and participation in recreating this wonderful quilt.  I hope you've enjoyed the journey as much as I have.

Click on the link below to get to the 5dollarbom.com and look for the listing for this months blocks. You can purchase the blocks for $0.00 (FREE) until January 1, 2019

Dear Daughter Blocks 37 - 42

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 491 posts on Sentimental Stitches.

9 Responses to “Dear Daughter Block of the Month – Blocks 37 – 42”

1. Barbara Schaffer December 2, 2018 at 12:29 pm #

Thank you so much! I’m loving these NJ blocks!

2. Holly December 2, 2018 at 1:35 pm #

I think you saved the best for last! Thank you sincerely for all you’ve done to put this year together. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed by all of us I’m sure. I wonder how many quilters have been sewing along? This year I’ve been recovering from an illness &surgery and have truly looked forward to each months blocks. My needle turn skills have also improved (they needed improvement!) You’ve got me wondering about next years project. I’m going to attempt to finish bits on my Just takes 2 quilt after finishing these blocks. As with most of us, I have quilts to finish!

3. LoriD December 3, 2018 at 8:32 am #

Such lovely blocks to ends with! Thanks Gay for your generosity!

4. Paula Harden December 5, 2018 at 10:05 am #

Thank you so very much for sharing this gorgeous and unique quilt with all of us Gay! It’s a ton of work for you, and even with all of life’s ups and down’s you persevered and didn’t miss a beat. For that my hat is off to you, my dear!

5. Jackie Hale December 11, 2018 at 9:53 am #

Thank you all of the beautiful blocks throughout the year. I’m looking forward to what you have in store for us next Year. Merry Christmas!

6. cissa kamakura December 19, 2018 at 7:56 am #

Happy Holidays to you and your family. Thank you for another gorgeous quilt. I have saved the patterns and will make them soon. In January, I will have the Beyond the Cherry Tree quilted. I am looking forward to see what you will show us in 2019. “Obrigada.”

7. Lady Locust December 20, 2018 at 11:48 am #

I just found your beautiful blog. Oh my what a treasure! These blocks are incredible, and I actually like the red & blue sashing in it 🙂 Why couldn’t I have found you at the beginning of the year?!
    (Will be following when I get home to my ‘real’ computer.)

8. Susan December 27, 2018 at 11:15 pm #

Piscataway! I was married there a bazillion years ago! Beautiful blocks, thank you!

9. Nyla Dominguez January 7, 2019 at 11:34 am #

This was a lovely sew along, very sweet quilt. I love the sashing on this and wish I could find something similar. Looking forward to what you have in store for 2019, you mentioned two options. Will we find out soon? Thanks for all your work on these Gay, you are appreciated!